Lockdown has officially begun which means for most of us we now have extra time spare. This is the perfect time to get on top of your hair and scalp care regime!
Follow these simple steps for healthy, strong and manageable hair.
- Wash your hair. It is so important to wash your hair frequently to ensure there is nothing blocking your hairs’ follicles so it can grow at it’s best. If you suffer from a flaky/itchy scalp use an anti-dandruff shampoo to remove flakes and soothe irritation.
- Eat a well balanced, varied and nutritious diet. Your hair cells need a balance of proteins, complex carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals to function properly.
- Avoid heated styling tools such as hair straighteners. Give your hair a break from the damaging effects of heat.
- Use a protective spray/lotion. After shampooing your hair use a protective spray or lotion to help detangle, hydrate and protect your hair from heat.
- Don’t wear your hair in a tight ponytail. Too much tension on your hair can cause breakage or hair loss. Try to put your hair in a loose pony or leave it down.
- Drink plenty of water. It is recommended we drink roughly 1.2 litres of water a day.
- Spend a day with a pre-shampoo treatment on. Our favourites include Olaplex and Elasticizer. They will both help repair and strengthen your hair.
- Use a conditioning treatment. This will help add moisture to your hair, making it easier to manage.
- Apply a scalp mask. If you are prone to flaky/itchy scalp, a scalp mask will help remove a build-up of flakes and relieve itchiness and irritation. A stimulating scalp mask can be used to encourage hair growth and reduce hair fall.